8.05.2013

Birthday Gifts

If you're anything like me, you suffer from gift anxiety. While I love celebrating birthdays with friends, I always freeze at the thought of knowing what to give to them. I want to make it personal - not simply picking up a gift card or a bottle of wine. But sometimes it's hard to know what to buy! Here are the items I picked up for my friends and how I put the packages together. To me, the wrapping of the gift is almost as important as the gift itself. Beautiful wrapping can make a small, simple gift seem all that much bigger. I've certainly been more creative with my wrapping (I just pulled together craft materials I had around the house), but stay tuned to see what I did.


I purchased the items pictured above for my friend Katie. Like me, she loves lip products, so I figured that she would appreciate a lip-themed gift. I bought her my favorite lip scrub from Lush (except in the Mint Julips flavor - absolutely delicious), a beautiful bright Revlon Lip Butter in Lollipop, and the best lip balm around - Nivea Lip Butter in Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss. 


The other items were for my friend Lauren. When we were in college together, she was never all that interested in makeup. However, over the years her interest has grown quite a bit, so I thought I would give her some things to expand her collection. Plus, she's moving across the country in a few days, so I thought these items would be easy and small to take with her. I purchased her one of my favorite items, Maybelline Baby Lips in "Cherry Me." It's a very moisturizing product that leaves your lips with the most beautiful pink/red wash of color. I also picked up two products that I've heard amazing things about - Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze (I need to get myself one of these!) and Jordana Best Lash Extreme mascara (purchased one for myself too but didn't get to use it yet). I finished off her gift with some beautiful raspberry colored gem earrings from Target.  

A few weeks ago, I purchased two glittery boxes from Target ($3 for two boxes!) thinking that they might come in handy. And boy, they did! I found some white tissue paper, cut it in fours, and inserted it into each box to fill it up a bit. Next, I put the products inside.



After closing the lid, I tied some turquoise ribbon around one and some white ric-rac I had around the other. It would have been cute to add a flower to the top of the boxes, but I unfortunately didn't have any on hand. Here's how the boxes turned out.



I absolutely love making the outside of cards decorative, as well. Often, I'll add some scrapbook stickers, pearls, or small adhesive gems to the outside to spice them up. I didn't have any on hand, so some markers just had to do!



Have you bought any gifts for friends yet? Let me know in the comments! (Also, if anyone has any cute ideas for gift wrapping, I'm all ears!)

13 comments:

  1. I love how you wrapped them! I am so into looking at other peoples' letters and cards and the awesomely creative things they do with paper crafts lately. You did a great job! You're inspiring me to give little gifts like these... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are cute birthday gift packages! Cute and personal too.
    xoxo

    www.cakeandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I never really gave too much thought about packaging before but for the future I think I'll definitely be thinking about it a lot more. Such a lovely post :)

    www.debrabros.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always freak out about gifts too because I like to be original but nothing better that a sweet card and something that will touch the friends heart rather than material you know?

    http://strawberryleopard.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweet gifts, I love how you packaged them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute! Please check out newest post at www.loveolia.com!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great gifts and amazing packaging, very creative! xx

    Justine | BRIGHTON DREAM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, we might have the exact same taste in makeup haha. I think I own every single item that mentioned! So happy that I stumbled onto your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Just subscribed to your blog! :)

      Delete
  9. Love what you did there. I'm also very attentive with giving presents. I make sure that I give something I would want and something receiver would want and enjoy. And you are right, the wrapping part is almost as important as the gift!

    Brigita,
    http://lostinpattern.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to get into wrapping again. I used to be so obsessed with the perfect bag and card, but I lost interest years ago. However, I adore what you've done here. The boxes are adorbz!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and me both, Lindsey. I swear "gift anxiety" has become a monthly ritual at this point. lol. Adore this idea and the wrapping. If you get a sec, I'm sharing my Vanity Fair feature on the blog today. :) xo

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute idea!
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips