I just returned from a wonderful beach weekend and was happily greeted with a comment from a fellow blogger, Em of Mascara Warrior, telling me that she nominated me for a Liebster Award. I was super excited when I saw this and then immediately asked myself "what is it?" It's an award that people with relatively small blogs (under 200 followers) give to others in this category, and it's a great way to connect with and discover some new reading material.
Here are the rules for the award:
Without further ado, here are my answers to Em's questions:
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- I studied abroad in Galway, Ireland a few years ago, and I would give anything to go back and visit! I met the most amazing people and saw such beautiful sights. I would love to travel back and relive the experience again!
- Are you an extrovert or an introvert?
- I am definitely an extrovert. I'm very outgoing, bubbly, and talkative, and I love being around others. This summer, I had foot surgery and spent around 2 months on the couch recovering. It was so difficult for me because I live for socializing!
- What are some interests of yours besides beauty and makeup?
- In my spare time, I try to pretend that I'm Martha Stewart. I love painting, cooking, and doing DIY projects! I also love taking walks at night, catching up on bad reality tv shows, and hanging out with friends.
- You woke up late and have five minutes to do your makeup! What do you reach for?
- Tinted moisturizer, a shimmery cream eyeshadow, mascara, and lipstick. I love putting on lipstick when I don't have a lot of time - it makes me feel put-together without having to try too hard!
- What's your favorite type of clothing or accessory?
- If you would come to my room, you would be completely appalled at the number of necklaces I have. I inherited my grandmother's love for jewelry, and I'm always on the hunt for clearance necklaces! I especially love statement necklaces since I think they're a fun addition and can totally change the look of an outfit.
- What's the last thing that you genuinely laughed at?
- I spent the weekend with some friends at the beach, and we laughed quite a bit over the past few days! Before they left, one of the girls was reenacting a hilarious story from college, and we were all howling with laughter.
- What's your favorite book, movie, song, or television show?
- I'll answer all of them! Book - The Catcher in the Rye; Movie - Garden State or American Beauty; Song - Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley; TV show - Friends
- What skill do you wish you had, or one you wish you could do better?
- I really, really wish I could sing! When I get in my car and I belt out tunes with the music blasting I'm convinced that I'm good enough to score a record deal. Yet, when I turn down the music, I realize that my voice sounds terrible (like really terrible).
- If you could speak any language fluently, what would it be and why?
- I took French for 6 years, but I am far from fluent! I would love to speak it better - it's a beautiful language. I also love Paris, so I would love to be able to live there one day.
- Name something off of the top of your bucket list.
- Sky dive. I crossed bungee jumping off my list a few years ago, but now it's time to take an even bigger jump!
- What do you usually do when you want to have fun?
- I'll go out for a drink with some friends or head to the mall and window shop.
Here are the questions I'd like my nominees to answer!
- Favorite ice cream flavor?
- If you could own a store, what would you sell?
- What famous house would you choose to live in? Why?
- If you could change your name, what would it be?
- What's your favorite memory?
- What are you most proud of?
- Name your favorite summer activity.
- What is your favorite color?
- What was the first career you wanted to have?
- Describe your perfect day.
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
Now, here are the bloggers that I'm nominating. Please check them out - they're fabulous!
If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, please leave a post in the comments! I love reading new blogs. :)