8.11.2013

Liebster Award


I just returned from a wonderful beach weekend and was happily greeted with a comment from a fellow blogger, Em of Mascara Warrior, telling me that she nominated me for a Liebster Award. I was super excited when I saw this and then immediately asked myself "what is it?" It's an award that people with relatively small blogs (under 200 followers) give to others in this category, and it's a great way to connect with and discover some new reading material.

Here are the rules for the award:


  • Link back to the person who nominated you.
  • Answer the eleven questions from the person who nominated you. 
  • Create eleven questions.
  • Nominate eleven bloggers that have less than 200 followers.
  • Tell the bloggers you've nominated.

  • Without further ado, here are my answers to Em's questions:

    • If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
      • I studied abroad in Galway, Ireland a few years ago, and I would give anything to go back and visit! I met the most amazing people and saw such beautiful sights. I would love to travel back and relive the experience again!
    • Are you an extrovert or an introvert?
      • I am definitely an extrovert. I'm very outgoing, bubbly, and talkative, and I love being around others. This summer, I had foot surgery and spent around 2 months on the couch recovering. It was so difficult for me because I live for socializing! 
    • What are some interests of yours besides beauty and makeup?
      • In my spare time, I try to pretend that I'm Martha Stewart. I love painting, cooking, and doing DIY projects! I also love taking walks at night, catching up on bad reality tv shows, and hanging out with friends. 
    • You woke up late and have five minutes to do your makeup! What do you reach for?
      • Tinted moisturizer, a shimmery cream eyeshadow, mascara, and lipstick. I love putting on lipstick when I don't have a lot of time - it makes me feel put-together without having to try too hard!
    • What's your favorite type of clothing or accessory?
      • If you would come to my room, you would be completely appalled at the number of necklaces I have. I inherited my grandmother's love for jewelry, and I'm always on the hunt for clearance necklaces! I especially love statement necklaces since I think they're a fun addition and can totally change the look of an outfit.
    • What's the last thing that you genuinely laughed at?
      • I spent the weekend with some friends at the beach, and we laughed quite a bit over the past few days! Before they left, one of the girls was reenacting a hilarious story from college, and we were all howling with laughter. 
    • What's your favorite book, movie, song, or television show?
      • I'll answer all of them! Book - The Catcher in the Rye; Movie - Garden State or American Beauty; Song - Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley; TV show - Friends
    • What skill do you wish you had, or one you wish you could do better?
      • I really, really wish I could sing! When I get in my car and I belt out tunes with the music blasting I'm convinced that I'm good enough to score a record deal. Yet, when I turn down the music, I realize that my voice sounds terrible (like really terrible). 
    • If you could speak any language fluently, what would it be and why?
      • I took French for 6 years, but I am far from fluent! I would love to speak it better - it's a beautiful language. I also love Paris, so I would love to be able to live there one day.
    • Name something off of the top of your bucket list.
      • Sky dive. I crossed bungee jumping off my list a few years ago, but now it's time to take an even bigger jump!
    • What do you usually do when you want to have fun? 
      • I'll go out for a drink with some friends or head to the mall and window shop.

    Here are the questions I'd like my nominees to answer!
    • Favorite ice cream flavor? 
    • If you could own a store, what would you sell?
    • What famous house would you choose to live in? Why?
    • If you could change your name, what would it be?
    • What's your favorite memory?
    • What are you most proud of?
    • Name your favorite summer activity.
    • What is your favorite color?
    • What was the first career you wanted to have?
    • Describe your perfect day.
    • What is your biggest pet peeve?

    Now, here are the bloggers that I'm nominating. Please check them out - they're fabulous!


    If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, please leave a post in the comments! I love reading new blogs. :)

    5 comments:

    1. Hi lovely! Thanks so much for nominating me! I actually did this post a few weeks ago, but since you wrote all the questions, I'll go ahead and answer them for you here!

      1. I'm allergic to ice cream. I know. Sad life
      2. Harry Styles? haha probably books
      3. Harry Styles' house? haha I'm in love
      4. I like my name actually!
      5. Being happy in my kitchen making a pie with my mom at Christmas time
      6. My family for sure!
      7. Watching netflix haha the office anyone?!
      8. Orange
      9. Actress. I was a drama queen
      10. April 25th. Not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket
      11. I have a few. Whistling, when someone answers the phone when you're in a conversation/ a car with them, or mean mean people. Can't stand them

      Thanks again for nominating me! xx

      ReplyDelete
    2. Congratulations for receiving a nomination :) I wish I could sing too! I reckon it would be so awesome to be able to just break out into song anytime.

      www.debrabros.blogspot.com.au

      ReplyDelete
    3. Yay! I loved reading your answers. My sister wants to take a trip with me to Galway when I graduate next year, and my friend recently traveled there too. Popular destination, I guess! I would pick knowing French too, such a beautiful language.

      Em | Mascara Warrior

      ReplyDelete
    4. Congratulations, love your answers :)

      www.rebeccacoco.blogger.com

      Rebecca x

      ReplyDelete
    5. Thank you for nominating me :) I did do this post a couple months back but here are my answers Hun :)
      1.The Kardashians, sad but true haha. So I can steal there clothes :p

      2.princess consuela banana hammock, just like phoebe out of friends haha.

      3. Holidays to Sandbanks with my family when I was a child.

      4. 3 years ago I was diagnosed with a chronic illness & I'm proud that I've managed to make the best of things & manage my illness.

      5. Eating ice cream :p

      6. Hummm Pink or Orange.

      7. It was most prob a ballerina, I was obsessed when I was a child.

      8. A day spent with friends & family.

      9. People eating with there mouths open VOM

      Maybe Its Megan Leigh X

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
    09 10 11 12
    Blogging tips